2016年6月1日 星期三

生活雜記 - 工作雜記 - 超人(Superman)的養父:強納森坎特 (Jonathan Kent) 說的話

以下是從IMDB網站拿出來的,如有侵權請告之。

Jonathan Kent: It's somethin', innit?
強納森:有些事情就是這樣啊……不是嗎?
One minute in Kansas livin' on a pancake so we come to the mountains.
有一段時間在堪薩斯州時想烤薄餅過簡單生活,所以我們搬到山區。
All downhill from here; down to the floodplain, arm at the bottom of the world.
從這裡所有下坡處;下至泛洪區,環抱於世界之底。
I remember one season the water came bad.
我記得有一季水來得很嚴重。
I couldn't've been twelve.
我無法但已是十二歲。
Dad had out the shovels and we went at it all night.
老爸拿出鏟子然後我跟去了整晚。
We worked 'til I think I fainted, but we managed to stop the water.
我們一直忙到我覺得虛脫為止,但我們設法阻止惡水。
We saved the farm.
我們拯救了農田。
Your grandma baked me a cake, said I was a hero.
你阿嬤為我烤了蛋糕,說我是英雄。
Later that day we found out we blocked the water alright - we sent it upstream.
那天之後我們發現,我們完全堵住了水路 - 我們將它逆向竄流了。
A whole Lange farm washed away.
朗格全部的農田都被沖走了……
While I ate my hero cake, their horses were drowning.
當我吃著我的英雄蛋糕時,他們的馬卻被溺死。
I used to hear them wailing in my sleep.
我在睡覺時還能聽到牠們哀嚎。

Clark Kent: Did the nightmares ever stop?
克拉克:惡夢曾經停下來嗎?

Jonathan Kent: Yeah. When I met your mother.
強納森:是的,當我遇見你媽。
She gave me faith that there's good in this world.
她給我世上仍有良善的信仰。
She was my world.
她就是我的世界。
I miss you, Son.
我想念你,兒子。

Clark Kent: I miss you too, Dad.
我也想念你,爸。

=====